Saturday, April 27, 2013

An apple tree and a date palm

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.
 
Today we learnt some small things about dates. Today Z seems to be a little bit tired, because he walked yesterday about four hours and did many activities. So today he didn`t concentrate in the best way, but we did some exercises...
 
Z did some worksheets in the morning after our morning circle. He wanted to show his "ta" made by play doh to A and took a picture from it by himself :). So here You are:
 


Then we learnt that also "tamr" begins with "ta".

I taught Z to use this kind of watercolors today. I like to paint with different kind of colors and I think that those we used before are easier for the kids, but I thougt that it would be also useful to know how to paint with watercolors too. I showed the idea to Z...

 
... and then he painted same kind of crocodile than I used for a puzzle. Crocodile seems to be his favorite of the week!

 
Then we painted two empty rolls of WC paper. And made a really simple apple tree and a date palm.
 
 
We learnt that dates come from palms and apples from trees. We counted dates and apples and discovered that there are more dates than apples. And vice versa.
 
I made also the map of Algeria and Finland from felt. (Maybe I need them after too inshaaAllaah.)
 

 
We discovered that there are both date palms and apple trees in Algeria, but only apple trees in Finland.
 


I made a date palm also from felt (quite same kind of than Ummu Abdillaahi and the kids made).


I thought that felt could be used for many themes and Z seems to like this kind of toys.

I think that maybe I do thema about Finland or Mekka or... InshaaAllaah!

I found one really nice idea made from felt from the blog A Muslim Child is Born, from here !


And bottles from baby food bottles (again!).



We also learnt, how dates are really nourishing, especially in the time of Ramadan!


 
For counting, we singed and played today one nice sing about five ducks. The idea is that five small ducks go to play and always one duck less comes back. All of them come back only when the daddy calls them by saying "KVAAK" really loud!


 

 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment