Thursday, May 23, 2013

Z`s week with Ha and Kha

   
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

In this week we haven`t done so much exercises I hoped, because of the remont at the home. We`ve using lots of time by moving furniture, cleaning and packing. SubhaanAllaah, how fast time goes! It`s already Thursday!

Our main theme in this week has been "haywanat" - animals, one of my favorite themes! We have studied about animals before too, so some of our studies have been like revision for those words and things. We`ve used for example books "Arabic Letters: 28 Letters" and "Book 1: Animals" from here and Aboo Ibraaheem Haroon Bin Saajidur-Rahmaan`s book "Let us Learn the Qur`aan, The book of animals".

At first we cutted a picture about farm and glued it to a carton. Then cutted also "the plan map" I made for Z for the visit to Fallkulla. We glued animals to the farm and re-studied names in Arabic.


Then we had some exercises by play doh...



Apps for ha and kha. We also saw all the apps about animals. These apps help me a lot, because these are not only pictures, the maschine also pronounce words! And for animals there are sounds! For me it`s good because I have difficulties to pronounce some Arabic letters correct (even I have practise them before and tried to practise again and again in this week) and I`m afraid that I teach words for Z in wrong way.










I used also the book I made for Z before. There are pets, farm animals, Finnish wild animals and another wild animals in own sections.





About halaal and haraam animals to eat, we took only one example: a pig. We saw pigs on the farm Fallkulla and Z saw how dirty they are!
 
I letted Z to choose one animal from the book and he choosed a whale.

I wrote a whale in Finnish (valas) to a paper and we made it by play doh. Then Z wrote it by his wooden letters. Well done!
 
 

For math I cutted small sheeps and told for Z that sheeps come to eat and there are food for sheeps, for one in the first cover, for two in the second etc. Z putted right amount of sheeps to every cover.



Then we used Arabic numbers on covers.

Well done! I cutted sheeps as many as needed for every cover. In that way child sees easily, if there are mistakes.
 

I`ve putted Z`s works to one folder and he already has a quite thick one :)!



Today we had also the day for cleaning aquarium. Since it`s only about 100l, it should be cleaned once a week. I have explained for the kids that aquarium is a home for fishes and it`s our responsibility to take good care of it! When I was small I lived in the countryside and we had animals at home, for example cat, sheeps and rabbits and I liked to take care of them! In the city it`s difficult to keep animals and that`s why we have only fishes. K can already clean aquarium by himself maaschaAllaah, but also S and Z like to help! There are some pictures about the process:

At first take electricity off !!! Then taking some old water and rubbish away from the aquarium. It`s like a vacuum, but made special for aquarium.






 
 

Cleaning the class. And check the plants.

Taking new water by sower. Here K showes how.


 

 
Add some water conditioner to new water. It makes water crystal clear.
 
Add new water to aquarium carefully. Then electricity on again!

These yellow ones are our favorites!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment